Wednesday, June 1, 2011

38 weeks!

Still pregnant! Unbelievable. I'm 38 weeks as of today, and I'll admit.. I'm so ready for Emma & Harlow to make their entrance. Every day I'm a little bigger than the day before and my skin is sooo itchy and sore from being stretched to the max. I'm happy I've made it this far, but now it's time for them to become outside babies!

I had a doctor's visit yesterday and now I'm 3cm dilated, 100% effaced. Making progress! We have an eviction date set for next Thursday, the 9th (my Mom's Birthday!), but I'm still hoping they'll come on their own before then. We've been going for walks in the evening, hoping to help things move along.

We have a growth ultrasound tomorrow, so we'll find out what their estimated weights are. Eeeeek. I'm a little nervous to find out! At 34 weeks they were estimated 5lbs 1oz and 5lbs 2oz and the paranatologist said if I make it to 38 weeks there's a good chance I'd have 7+lb babies. FABULOUS, but a little nerve wracking since we're still trying for a vaginal delivery. They should be healthy though, which is such a relief.

I'm still working (ugh) from home, but I've decided this Friday will be my last day. If the girls don't come on their own before next Thursday I'll have a few days off to just relax and get myself as mentally prepared as possible. I can't tell you just how happy I am to have a few months off of work to spend with my sweet babies. I know it's going to be HELL dragging myself back to work :(

That's all I've got as far as updates go.. I'll update again on Friday with the growth u/s results. Here's a pic taken this morning. Fingers crossed that this is the last belly pic I take. :)

3 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I can't wait to see them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, can't believe you made it this far, hope they make an entrance in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your sweet girls are here by now. Love the names, and you look FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete