Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I'm sure there are more, but those are my top 3 for the moment. So, who's with me???
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
1) She's a super picky eater, but loves loves loves sweets. If you give her a dog treat she'll most likely put it in her mouth, spit it out, play with it for 10 minutes, and then finally eat it when Cali starts closing in. Give her something sweet and she's ALL over it. Cookies, Cake, Pastries, and even ice cream. Confession: I once let her lick my ice cream cone. She loved it. It was super cute. Gross, but true.
2) She loves to have her "armpits" scratched. I know I know.. dogs don't have armpits. To me, the 2 legs in the front are their arms, not legs. So they're armpits in my mind & they're Bootsie's favorite spot for some scratchin!
3) She likes to curl up next to me at the edge of the bed. She's very particular though. She only likes my side of the bed, not Dan's. She also won't jump up next to me unless I pull back the comforter. She likes laying on the sheet like mom & dad! What can I say, she's a smart dog.
Now for Cali. She'll be 2 at the end of November, and with that spotted tongue we're pretty sure she has some Chow in her (ignore the knee and whatever is going on behind her on t.v.):Some things I love about her:
I love you my mutts!!! xoxo
Monday, November 9, 2009
Now for something I can completely cross off my list. I convinced Dan to go to The San Diego Chicken Pie Shop for dinner Saturday night. We had a light lunch, so we headed there around 5:30. I joked with Dan on the way there that we'd probably be eating with all the blue hairs since we were going so early AND this place is known to attract the oldies as is. We arrive, we're seated, and who's sitting across from us at the restaurant?? The cutest old couple wearing some fancy square dancing outfits. The old lady had a frilly white and red dress on, and her husband had red pants, a button down white shirt, and a red SPARKLY tie. Adorable. They ate their dinner, put their bread rolls in a zip lock baggy (teehee), and left the waitress a $1 tip. The place had a diner feel to it with roosters all over the walls, and the food brought out to you via a rolling cart.
On to the food! It was YUMMY, and oh so cheap. I can see why old people flock to this place. Where else these days can you get a chicken pot pie, potatoes, veggies, rolls, coleslaw (or in my case an apple sauce switch out) AND a piece of pie for dessert all for the price of..drum roll please... $6.50!!! Here's a pic of the pot pie (I cheated and pulled this off the web since I forgot my camera):
And here's a pic of the cherry pie I had for dessert:Dan got the same thing, but had pumpkin pie for dessert, and he tried a cup of their chicken noodle soup. This place sure does like gravy. The pot pie and potatoes were covered in it, and of course when you broke open the pot pie it poured out. We were pretty much convinced that the chicken noodle soup also had the gravy in it. Another thing about the pot pie and why Dan loved it - it had no veggies in it. I could have used some carrots or peas in there, but Dan was very happy with his veggie-less pot pie. haha.
Overall this place was charming, cheap, and served up good home style cookin'. We'll most definitely make a return visit.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Here's a little run down on what's been going on in my life since my last post:
1) We got a new GAS oven (since our crappy electric one broke) as a Christmas gift from my in-laws. YAY! We had to pay a good chunk of change to have someone run a gas line from the garage, but it was so worth it.
2) Halloween! Like the old home bodies we are, we stayed home and passed out candy. We searched high & low for a pumpkin to carve and found NONE. Not one pumpkin on Halloween could be found. What's up with that?? Oh well.. no yummy roasted pumpkin seeds for us.
3) I had an u/s that went great! A good sized follie and my lining measured great! The doc decided to give me the trigger shot, to make sure I ovulated the next day. I normally would freak out about getting a shot in my belly, but I've been poked & prodded so much the past year that it didn't really phase me. I ovulated on Tuesday, so now we wait. sigh.
4) We saw The Lion King play with Dan's parents, which was awesome. I haven't seen the movie in soooo long, so seeing the play was pretty cool.
5) I tried an eggnog latte from Starbucks for the first time, and I'm hooked! YUM-O. It got me excited for the upcoming holidays. I can't wait for December 1st to roll around so I can decorate the house and listen to nothing but Christmas tunes for the whole month. (sorry Dan)
I think that's about it for now. Nothing crossed off my list unfortunately, but I'll get working on that. Happy Saturday!