Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Girl Power!!!

Dan and I went to a San Diego Derby Dolls Roller Derby bout.. and it was awesome! I'm so glad I added that on my list to do. I lucked out and one of the lovely derby dolls saw my blog, and offered me 2 free tickets to a bout! :)

The bout was San Diego vs. Humboldt, and it was just like any other sport.. you buy a ticket, grab a beer, someone sings the National Anthem, and there was even a half time show, complete with drummers and derby dolls jumping over some brave fans. The girls all have hilarious nicknames like Kung Pao Tina, McNasty, and Leia Asout. hehe. And let me tell you, those girls kick ass! It's nothing brutal, but there's definitely a lot of pushing & shoving - while they're whipping around the track. So, there were some good spills and crashes. It was very exciting, and super fun. Made me want to go home and dust off my Britney Spears roller skates... I'll just be taking them to the regular ol' roller rink though, thankyouverymuch.

I attempted to take pics, but stupid me forgot to take my flash off, and my camera doesn't do so well with the action shots. For anyone who's never been to a roller derby bout I highly recommend it! Shout out to #U!






No comments:

Post a Comment