Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Run Down

I haven't posted anything in awhile, but I have a good excuse! My laptop has a virus & it's getting fixed at work. I'm on Dan's computer now, but both of our laptops are work computers. Which has led me to the decision that we need to get our own computer for personal use! I have all my pictures uploaded in my work computer, and it's creeping me out thinking about the tech guys at work looking through my pictures since they're attempting to save them for me. UGH.

Here's a little run down on what's been going on in my life since my last post:

1) We got a new GAS oven (since our crappy electric one broke) as a Christmas gift from my in-laws. YAY! We had to pay a good chunk of change to have someone run a gas line from the garage, but it was so worth it.

2) Halloween! Like the old home bodies we are, we stayed home and passed out candy. We searched high & low for a pumpkin to carve and found NONE. Not one pumpkin on Halloween could be found. What's up with that?? Oh well.. no yummy roasted pumpkin seeds for us.

3) I had an u/s that went great! A good sized follie and my lining measured great! The doc decided to give me the trigger shot, to make sure I ovulated the next day. I normally would freak out about getting a shot in my belly, but I've been poked & prodded so much the past year that it didn't really phase me. I ovulated on Tuesday, so now we wait. sigh.

4) We saw The Lion King play with Dan's parents, which was awesome. I haven't seen the movie in soooo long, so seeing the play was pretty cool.

5) I tried an eggnog latte from Starbucks for the first time, and I'm hooked! YUM-O. It got me excited for the upcoming holidays. I can't wait for December 1st to roll around so I can decorate the house and listen to nothing but Christmas tunes for the whole month. (sorry Dan)

I think that's about it for now. Nothing crossed off my list unfortunately, but I'll get working on that. Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Don't get too hooked on the eggnog lattes! If you get pregnant, you're not allowed to drink egg nog anymore. I know. Sadness. But the pumpkin spice lattes are doing a good job getting me through holiday season in place of eggnog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm totally jealous of your new gas oven!!! Our electric one here is better than the last, but I still miss having a gas one. :( Whenever I do visit San Diego, you'll have to let me cook a meal on your stove, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can cook something on our stove. No complaints there! hehe. And boo.. no eggnog whilst pregnant? doh! Well, I guess if I'm not pregnant by the holidays I'll add that to my list of reasons it's ok that I'm not pregnant yet. It won't top wine though! :) Ooh, and I like the pumpkin spice latte too. I think I'll try gingerbread next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss wine sooo much.... I'm letting myself have a glass of red on Thanksgiving, though - woohoo! :)

    I forgot about the gingerbread lattes! I can't remember if I like those... but I know I love the peppermint mochas, so I'll probably have those through the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone on the bump asked about eggnog, and as long as it's pasteurized (most commercial brands should be), it's totally safe to drink! Woohooooooo!! :) Still not sure about the eggnog they use at Starbucks, but at least I know I won't have to miss out on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete