Tuesday, October 25, 2011

4 months old

Well, in true fashion I'm late to posting this because they're 4 1/2 months old now. Ha! I'm still trying to find some sort of balance every day & it's hard. I used to wonder 'how am I going to manage work & twins while still being a good wifey AND take care of myself'? Well, it's just as hard, if not harder, than I imagined. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO grateful for what I have. I can't complain that I have a good job, an awesome hubby, beautiful babies, and a home. It's just a constant juggling act to keep everything running like a well oiled machine. From what I hear it gets easier, so YAY to that. :)

I need to remember to enjoy them at this age though, because there's lots of great things about this age, too. They're starting to grab at things, they try to push buttons on their toys, and they're starting to seem interested in the books I'm showing them! We bought a jumperoo & so far Harlow likes it (Emma isn't so sure) but she sits in it for about 10 minutes before she's over it. They're really starting to show interest in the food Dan & I are eating. I'm waiting just a couple more weeks, when they hit the 5 month mark, to try out solids. I'll probably just start with oatmeal and wait until they're 6 months to add anything else.

They're still smiling and 'talking' up a storm. They usually wake up in a good mood.. talking in their cribs before I go in and grab them. Oh, and Emma is ticklish. It's the cutest thing ever to hear her little chuckle. :)

At their 4 month well visit they were 13lbs 10oz (Harlow) & 13lbs 2oz (Emma), and they're both in the 41% for height at 24inches. Harlow is my brainiac with her head measuring at a whopping 92nd percentile. Their pedi called her Charlie Brown & then she proceeded to pee on his leg during her exam. HAHA! That's my girl..not taking crap from anyone! It was extra funny because we don't like this pedi and it was the last time we'll be going to him.

I'll leave you with some recent pics..





1 comment:

  1. They're beautiful & you're amazing for balancing it all...remember to take a minute or two for yourself!

    ReplyDelete