Friday, September 11, 2009

Just call me Hazel.

It didn't really occur to me that glueing and framing a puzzle was such an old lady thing to do. Not until I went to Michaels to find a frame and glue, and found the puzzle glue is called "Mod Podge". Oh man. Then my friend, who was with me when I bought it, pointed out that framing a puzzle is something a grandma would do. Doh! At that point the puzzle was already put together at home, and it's on my list, so I figured what the hell..I'm doing it.



So, the pictures you see (hopefully) are the glued puzzle and the finished product in it's frame. It's a pretty big puzzle, with a cute scene of Coronado (Hotel Del, the bay, and downtown San Diego). I think I'll be putting it in the guest bedroom eventually. Then everyone can feel cozy.. like they're staying at their grandma's house.


So, that's the first official item checked off my list. Yay! I cheated a little with the August flowers. I didn't buy them for myself, but Dan did buy me some beautiful flowers (see pic). Lastly, I finished one of the books on the Oprah list, A Meaningful Life, by L.J. Davis. Great book..slightly depressing, but good.

I still haven't started my movies.. Ben-Hur is collecting dust, but hopefully that will change this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment