Thursday, April 21, 2011

32 Weeks!

Ok, I promise going forward I'll make an effort to blog more than once every week. Honestly though, with being on bed rest there's just not a whole lot going on in my life right now! I'm not cooking, I don't get out of the house, I'm a human incubator chilling on my recliner.

I can't complain though. I may have no life now, but pretty soon I'll have PLENTY to keep me busy.

Anyways, 32 weeks!!! YIPPEEEEE! I had another cervix check this morning and things are still stable.. measuring about 1.4-1.8. So, shorter than a couple weeks ago but they're still considering me in the stable range. Which means...... I get to go to dinner this weekend! I'm suuuper excited just to get out of the house for dinner like a normal person. We're going to a steak house we've never been to before and I can't wait.

The babies are looking good.. they passed their stress test today. We had an ultrasound too and Harlow is sooo stretched out. I'm not kidding, she probably takes up 75% of my belly, while poor little Emma is squished, as low as she can go. Poor kid, already letting her little sister walk all over her. :)

Oh, and I had a realization that I'm going to be pushing two babies out of my whoo-ha very soon. holy hell. I guess I was just convinced that Harlow wouldn't flip and a c-section was inevitable. But now I have 2 head down babies and I want to at least try to have them the old fashion way. Except I'm scurred. Normal, right?

A couple things I'm doing to help with the fear. First, I'm going to have someone come to the house to give us a private labor class. I know I don't have to take a class, and I could find a lot of information via the internet, but I like to be prepared & this just seems like the best way to do that. The other thing I'm going to do is to just get over it... women give birth every day, and it's obviously the only way I'm going to meet these bay-bays.

Totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. SO loving that you're at 32 weeks. As for the labor, that was always my biggest fear about having kids. Then when it happened, I just went with the flow.. and then I realized I should have been worrying about how to take care of a baby, because that I knew nothing about! LOL You're going to do amazing, I know it!

    ReplyDelete