Friday, May 20, 2011

Still here..

And still pregnant. :) Just a very bad blogger.

I've officially hit my goal of making it to 36 weeks.. I'm 36 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I guess I shouldn't call it "my goal" because besides listening to the doctor and sitting on my ass for so many weeks, I didn't have much of a hand in it. There are plenty of women out there who have their babies early & there's nothing they could have done to prevent it from happening. So much of it is luck! Either way, I'm feeling super grateful.

I've been super busy with work (yep, still working.. just from home, not the office), and with LOTS of doctor's appointments. I go to my OB's office twice a week to check the babies fluid & to see my OB, and then I go to the hospital twice a week for NSTs. So far everything has looked great. As of earlier this week my belly is measuring 42 weeks (YIKES), I'm 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. And the babies are loooow. My OB could touch Emma's head, which I thought was crazy.

Now I guess we just wait! I'm really hoping they decide to come on their own in the next week or two, so I can avoid being induced. We're still going for a vaginal delivery, so my OB won't induce until 39 weeks, as long as the girls still look good. 39 weeks!! They're going to have to roll me into the hospital by then.

I think those are all the baby updates I have for you.. not a whole lot happening now, just waiting. :) Here's a pic of me and the 36 42 week belly:




4 comments: