Monday, May 2, 2011

Nursery!

The nursery is done! Well, I can't really say it's 100% done because I still need to find a mirror to go above the dresser.. but for the most part, it's done. :) Here's the pics I promised!






















The E & H above their cribs are for their names (obvs), Emma & Harlow, and the alphabet cards are from Etsy. My Mom found the little table that's next to the glider at an antique store. She painted it light pink and we got the handle for it at Anthropologie. The quilt hanging over the chair is one of the quilts my sister made the girls.

The picture of the two owls came from Etsy, and then I framed two more of the alphabet cards.. the E & the H. They're hanging from two dresser knobs, also from Anthropologie, and hung from pink ribbon.

I gave myself a little project this weekend & painted the trim of my dollhouse. So, the first picture of the dollhouse is a before pic, and the 2nd picture is after (sorry some of the pics are in a funky order). The "rooms" of the dollhouse will be shelves for their books, for now. I posted about it before, but the dollhouse was built for me when I was a little girl, by my Grandpa Tom, who was like a 2nd Dad to me. So, obviously it holds a really special place in my heart. :)

The bunnies sitting on the shelf are the ones my sister made out of my Grandpa's t-shirt (the same Grandpa who built the dollhouse). The ballerina shoes hanging from the shelves were ones that I wore in some professional photos taken when I was little.

And then there's the closet.. the full closet. Probably 75% of the clothes and shoes were given to us by Dan's Sister, who has a 1 year old daughter. We are SO lucky, and the girls will be so well dressed. :)

So, that's it! It's by far my favorite room in the house. Hope you like it!

7 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! Love the alphabet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! When I have LO's, can you help me with the nusery? You have a gift, Lolo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect...I love, love, love how much of it is personal contributions and hand made for them. That is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete