Monday, February 22, 2010

(almost) Spring Cleaning

It was raining off & on over the weekend, so I decided to kick off my spring cleaning a bit early. First thing on my list was to go through all of our clothes & shoes, and get rid of anything we don't use anymore. Away I went tossing shirts, suits, pants, jeans, skirts, dresses, jackets, bras & shoes, into big garbage bags.

It felt SO good getting rid of things I've had for years, or things I know I won't ever fit into again (except for the pair of my Citizens jeans from my single days..  a girl can dream). After going through three closets, I was left with much tidier (and significantly roomier) closets, and SEVEN garbage bags stuffed with my old garments! I usually clean the closets out like this about once a year, and last year I had one..maybe two bags. Out of the seven bags I filled, six will go to good will and one went straight to the trash.

Now of course there was another (minor) reason for cleaning out my closets. I'm making room for new stuff! I haven't shopped in ages but with my promotion I feel like I need to step it up a bit. I didn't go crazy, but I did score these hot shoes from Nordstrom Rack. Originally $100, and I got them for $60. What's nice is I can wear them to work, but I can also wear them with a pair of jeans. If you know me, you know I LOVE shoes. No matter how much my weight may fluctuate, my shoes will always fit. Aren't they cute??


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the promotion Lolo! And those are some super cute heels! I think I need to start cleaning out our closets as well, we only wear about half of what we have in there.

    ReplyDelete