Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hail Mary

Hail Mary for me is a term used during a Football game. There's five seconds left on the clock and you're down by 4 points. The only thing left to do is have the quarterback launch the ball aaaall the way down the field, hoping a receiver from his own team catches the ball at the endzone, winning the game at the very last second.

The thing with a Hail Mary is that it makes things much more exciting. The anticipation builds as the quarterback prepares to throw the football down the field, and once he does you can hear a pin drop in the stadium. If someone from his own team catches the ball and wins the game it's a MUCH more exciting win because the chances of that happening are not on your side.

This is definitely our Hail Mary cycle. The last chance before we move on to IUI. I chose to not temp AND not use OPKs this cycle.. a first. I leave in about 30 minutes for a work trip, and won't be back until Monday. Today is cycle day 16, and with an un-medicated cycle I normally ovulate around day 17. Who knows though, maybe I already ovulated.

Really all we can do at this point is cross our fingers and see what happens in about two weeks. I can end this with a really corny and probably gross analogy between the Hail Mary in football, and ttc - but I won't.  hehe.

2 comments:

  1. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you this cycle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything crossed for you! Enjoy your trip, I am leaving tomorrow through Sunday.

    ReplyDelete