Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rocky's Crown Pub

I've been slacking on my 101 things to do in 1,001 days, so I was more than happy to take a co-worker up on her offer to take me to Rocky's for a burger. I was even happier when I was there & partaking in all of this:



I can't take credit for this picture because I didn't bring a camera with me and I didn't want to be that person. But I can vouch for that picture and that is in fact a picture of a Rocky's famous burger. You're drooling now, right?

If you live in San Diego and tell a fellow San Diegan that you've never tried a Rocky's burger, the response you get will always be "Whaaaat???" So, clearly I knew I was missing out & that's how it earned a spot on my list.

We went on a Friday and got there at 10:55, five minutes before they opened. There were already people outside lining up! We were lucky enough to snag one of only a handful of tables and within a few minutes each table and each barstool was taken. At 11:10 anyone who came in had to wait around for others to finish. Yeah, it's that good.

They only sell burgers & fries, and of course alcohol. The burgers are SO incredibly juicy that you can't put it back down in your basket, or your bun will get soaked in all that juicy burger goodness & get soggy. SO good. Can you believe I used to be a vegetarian for about 8 years? HA.

Happy to cross that off my list, but definitely not that last time I'll enjoy that burger from Rocky's.

4 comments:

  1. I have not had a burger from there either **GASP!**
    I'm gonna have to add that to my bucket list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell, you HAVE to! It's reeeeally good. I just might have to go with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that looks ridiculously good!

    ReplyDelete