Sunday, May 23, 2010

An IUI & the flu

Since my last entry we found out that the higher dose of follistim didn't really work. We ended up with one big follie, but to quote my RE (he's back from vacay, YAY!) "it's a good one!". haha. So, Friday night was my last night of my regular injections, followed by a trigger shot at midnight.

Even though my lining wasn't so hot and we only have the one mature follie, we decided to give the IUI a shot, and scheduled it for Sunday (today).

Fast forward to Saturday. We had a wedding to go to and Dan decided to stay home since he was still getting over the flu. I went to the wedding solo & once I got there I paired up with my gay guy friend and claimed him as "my date". :) All was going well until I started feeling queasy during cocktail hour. Aaaand then I puked. At the wedding. In the bathroom. Right before dinner was served. So, I slipped out, drove home, and continued the puking in the comfort of my own bathroom.

Now on to the IUI, and there's nothing like an IUI when you have the flu. I got through it though and besides the cramping, it was a piece of cake. The one downside was Dan's sperm count compared to last months. Sperm count post wash for IUI#1: 82 million. Sperm count post wash for IUI#2: 9 million. WTF?? My RE thinks it must have something to do with the flu Dan had. sigh.

I know it only takes one egg, and it only takes one sperm, but I just can't help but feel like this cycle was not meant to be. Although we had the "perfect cycle" for IUI#1 and we all know how that ended. Maybe an un-perfect cycle is just what we needed. So, will the comedy of errors cycle end up being the one?

Now back to my saltines and ginger ale..

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry you blew chunks at a wedding. No fun. And, you know I'm not using my eggs, want one of them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this "imperfect" cycle works for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete