Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some much needed R&R

So, miscarrying on the drive up to your week long vacation has it's ups and downs...

I was thankful that I didn't have to face a week at work, but I had all the time in the world to think about what happened. I was surrounded by Dan's family, but that included my niece, who I was meeting for the first time. Being around a baby all week was rough, but I dealt with it and managed to really, truly enjoy myself on this vacation.

We stayed at a beach house in Santa Cruz with my Sister-in-Law (Beth), Brother-in-Law (Mike), my 3 year old nephew Jack, my 4 month old niece, Olivia, and Dan's parents (Carol & Doug). Oh, and I can't forget about our two dogs, Bootsie and Cali, and Beth & Mike's dog, Nola. It was a full house!

Meet my adorable nephew and niece:


I spent a lot of time sleeping in, relaxing on the beach, eating good food, and drinking lots of wine. We took walks around cute neighborhoods, put a huge puzzle together, played dominoes, and showered in an amazing outdoor shower. We made s'mores in the outdoor fire pit and fish tacos from the fish the boys caught on their fishing day trip.

We went to the boardwalk one day where I got on a ride that I initially refused to go on. You know the one that shoots you up into the air, drops you back down, and makes you feel like your stomach is going to fall out of your mouth? Yeah, that kind of ride. Go me!

Here's a picture of Dan and I on the pier in Santa Cruz. You can see the boardwalk in the back ground, but I think Dan's big head is covering up that ride! Oh, and I also rode the merry-go-round.. check that off my list!


The house we stayed in was one block from the beach, and we picked the perfect spot! Apparently all the locals go to this beach with their dogs because even though there are "leash laws" there's no way for a lifeguard truck or police car to get on this beach. So, the rules go out the window! The dogs were able to have the time of their lives, running around and playing in the water. And the humans got to drink beers. A win-win!

Here are all the dogs pooped after a day on the beach. We called this "dog row":



It was a wonderful trip, and just what my soul needed.


4 comments:

  1. Super cute pictures! I'm so glad you were able to relax a little and have a good time despite all that you've been through. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun place! Glad you were able to get the relaxation and fun that you needed. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I just wanted to tell you I'm MrsPink from the boards... I'm sure you were like who the heck is this?!
    I wanted also to say I am glad you were able to be in the comfort of family through such a rough time. Love the pics! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing in your pics. Glad you could take some time for yourself. You deserved it!!

    ReplyDelete