Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where we're at

Once we returned from Santa Cruz I called my RE and let him know the bad news. He told us we have a couple of options.. try a 4th IUI, since technically the 3rd one did work, OR move on to IVF.

Dan and I talked it over and decided to give one fourth and final IUI a shot. I figure if it doesn't work it only pushes our IVF cycle out from September to October. One month = not a huge deal in my mind. October will mark the 2 year anniversary of us officially trying to get pregnant, so it just seems to make sense to wait and try IVF then. Plus, we're out of pocket so giving the (much) cheaper option another chance makes sense to us.

SO, because I was on vacation when I would have had to start the injections and monitoring, this cycle is our "natural" cycle. We're just trying the old fashion way and not expecting anything to happen.

Hopefully within the next week or two I'll be able to start injections for IUI#4. (joy)

BUT, just in case it doesn't work, I also have a consultation appointment set up for September 2nd with the IVF clinic. My current RE referred me to someone else in the area because he feels like he's already really emotionally invested in us and he knows this IVF clinic has amazing success rates. Check these out:



Those are their success rates for 2009.. 79.5%!! So, I'm feeling really excited about those odds, and hopeful that we will NOT fall into the other 20.5%.

I've heard great things from a few people who have gone or are currently going to this clinic. Wonderful staff, the clinic is right down the street from my work, and fabulous success rates.. I'm feelin' good about this.

So, that's where we're at right now. Enjoying our break from all the injections and appointments, while feeling excited and hopeful for the future.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your in a good place.
    Sending many prayers for a successful "natural" cycle! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some GREAT odds! Of course, I am hoping that you don't even have to go that far, but either way, I have a feeling you will have a baby in your arms by this time next year;)

    ReplyDelete