Monday, November 8, 2010

9 weeks!

I've been slackin' on my bloggin'. I know. This past week I've been so busy at work, and feeling icky when I get home. So, blogging went on the back burner.

I'm officially 9 weeks today! Still feeling pretty good.. the same random nausea and some food aversions, but still considering myself pretty lucky at this point.

Our next u/s is this Wednesday and I CAN NOT WAIT. I seriously wish it was today. I'm just so anxious to see the babies again and to make sure they're growing strong. I have all the usual what ifs running through my head and I know they won't be calmed until I see those babes.

And guess what? Once we get through the next hurdle of the u/s, I'll be one month away from 2nd tri! YIPPEEEE!

Dan and I had a nice weekend .. we had a little date Friday night when we went and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then browsed Barnes & Noble afterwards. Saturday we took our long walk downtown with the dogs.. walking through the farmers market and stopping for some clam chowder by the water. Yesterday after watching my Chargers win (YAY!) we took a drive to Julian.

Julian is a little town about one hour from our house. In just that short drive you go from a big city, to the country. The drive out there is beautiful, and the town is adorable. People riding in horse carriages, antique shops, and of course their specialty.. apple pie! And another little fun fact for you about Julian.. Dan and I were camping there for the weekend when we said I love you to each other for the first time. We don't need to get into who said it first.. haha.. minor details, right? :)

We stopped at a farmers market on the way in.. sampling hot apple cider and browsing antiques. Then when we got to downtown Julian we had some good bbq for lunch and then waited in a loooooong line to bring home a fresh apple pie. Seriously, the line is LONG. But it's totally worth it.. check this out:


And trust me.. this picture doesn't do it justice. Soooo tastey. 

So, that was my weekend.. Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 9 weeks!

    Isn't Julian amazing? It's my favorite place in San Diego. Caleb and I just went right before halloween and got our usual pumpkin pie from Mom's Apple Pie Shot :)

    ANd yes GO CHARGERS!

    ReplyDelete