Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Loot

Big baby purchases make me soooo excited because it's a reminder that this is REAL. The more progress we make with the nursery, picking names, buying a stroller(!) the more real this all feels.

So, this weekend was an exciting one. First off, we received our stroller last week:

It's the Baby Jogger City Select, and we looove it. We registered for the 2nd seat and the car seat adapters, so what you're seeing in the pic is what it looks like with just one seat in. It's a tandem double stroller, which I love, since the side by side double strollers just seemed way too wide. Dan's been testing it around the house and in the back yard.. I think he actually loves it more than I do!

Then, we got the deal of all deals on Friday. I've been agonizing over what glider to buy. I really wanted one that looked more like an over sized comfy chair than a typical glider. But all the ones I could find were $400-$500, and I was having a hard time with the idea of spending that much.

We went to Burlington Coat Factory to look at their cribs and they had their gliders on clearance. I got this glider/ottoman that normally goes for $500 at Babies R Us, for only $170! SCORE! I'm so happy with it.. obviously I haven't tested it out while holding babies, but it's roomy & comfy.


Aaaand we ordered our cribs and bought our mattresses, all courtesy of Dan's parents. We should be getting them in the next week or two, so I'll post pics of them in the nursery once we get them.

Progress, progress!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great purchases Lolo! I love the glider, it looks SO comfy!

    Just wanted to give you a heads up that my blog address changed. It is now Lifeafteryes.blogspot.com

    in order to see my updates you'll have to "re follow" my blog :)

    Thanks!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete