Wednesday, January 26, 2011

20 weeks!

I'm at the official 1/2 way mark, even though technically I hit that a week ago. :) We're making lots of progress on the nursery and I think I'm going to go register this weekend. SO excited to do that!

Is it too soon to be nesting? I have this sense of urgency to get everything done JUST in case I do end up on bed rest. Plus, I figure the more we get done and out of the way now, the more we'll be able to just relax and enjoy each other's company those last weeks leading up to the babies' arrival. Here's what's currently on my to-do list:

Get the nursery put together (I have a whole separate to-do list for that)
Book a dentist & eye doc appointment
Install a carbon monoxide detector (Dan will do this)
Start stocking up on frozen dinners so we have easy meals after the babies arrive.
Keep up on the house cleaning
Have a yard sale
Register
Take the dogs to the vet for their shots
Find a pediatrician

That's it so far.. nothing crazy. I don't know if I'd call in nesting though, since I've always loved making lists and checking things off. :)

Here's my 20 week pic!


How far along: 20 weeks!

Size of baby: Two cantaloupes... Whoa!

Total weight gain/loss: I've gained about 7 lbs .. yep, I was right and I had gained 5 more lbs in the last 3 weeks. Yikes!

Maternity Clothes: Yep.. almost all bottoms are maternity, tops & dresses are a mix of maternity & non-maternity.

Gender: Two sweet little ladies

Movement: I'm 100% certain I'm feeling them now.. especially Baby B, since she doesn't have the anterior placenta like Baby A. So exciting!

Sleep: eh.. still just o.k. I've been flip flopping a lot, but I'm still sleeping most of the night.

What I miss: hm.. at the moment I honestly can't think of anything. I love being pregnant.

Cravings: As of right now, nothing.

Symptoms: Just the acid reflux, and my lower back has been aching.

Milestone: Reaching the official 1/2 way mark..

Best Moment this Week: Dan and I both feeling the babies from the outside for the first time. Dan felt a little tap, but now he can't wait for bigger movement. :)

3 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful lolo! I can't believe your half way there already! I think that is a great list you got going there. :)

    by the way my blog address changed...

    www.lifeafteryes.blogspot.com
    in order to see my updates you'll have to "Re follow" my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Jenny! I think I'm re-following your blog now.. it's hard to tell! I'll figure it out though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halfway there!! Yay!! It's exciting!

    I'm nesting too! It's not odd. :) I feel the same urgency, and I'm only having one!

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete