Friday, March 19, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun

This is my motto, I guess you could say, for the next month. Since we're on a forced baby makin' break, I want to live it up. I want to make the most of each day and try some new things. I want to drink a lot of wine, bbq, play croquet, take the dogs to the beach, hang out with friends, try new recipes, read a book, start a garden, etc. etc. etc.

I want the next month to fly by, but at the end of the month when it's IUI time I want to feel like I really took advantage and enjoyed our break. Not that I can't continue living it up after the IUI, but IF this works there will be no more wine drinking for awhile.. and if there's one thing I love to do, it's drink good wine with good friends. :)

SO, to start this off right I have a fun weekend planned. Today after work I'm going to try Bikram Yoga with a co-worker who LOVES it. At this studio it's actually called Hot Power Fusion, but it's basically the same thing. It's yoga in a heated room and supposedly you burn around 600 calories in one class. woot! I'll dedicate a post to this experience. Given the fact that I can't even touch my toes this should be interesting.

Tomorrow Dan & I will be taking the dogs for a hike up Cowles Mountain. It's the highest point in San Diego and once you reach the top you're rewarded with an absolutely breathtaking view of San Diego, all the way out to the ocean. It's hard work, but it's amazing. Afterwards we'll probably enjoy the nice weather by bbq'ing in the back yard and playing some more croquet (My Grandpa Tom was probably rolling over in his grave last weekend when the newbie croquet player, Dan, kicked my ass).

Sunday is my first golf lesson. yay! And since I have a week free at the yoga studio, I might just go to a Candlelight Hot Power Fusion class that night. Um..working out in the dark where nobody can judge me and my rolls? Count me in!!!

1 comment: