Saturday, March 20, 2010

CorePower HOT Yoga

I did it! I took my first hot yoga class and I just might be hooked.

It was hot. Like really really hot. I'm talking 100 degrees hot. It's not so bad at first but after about 5 minutes you're literally dripping with sweat. The first half of the class was focused on balance, and I'm pretty good with that. Next was when flexibility was key, and that was definitely the hardest part of the class for me. Well, that & trying to breathe in 100 degrees WITH humidity, while trying to bend in ways my body didn't want to bend.

The last few minutes of the class we were lying on our backs, palms up & focusing on our breathing. The instructor was telling us to breathe out all physical pain. To let it all out & allow it to leave our body. She told us to breathe out any difficult emotional issues we may be going through. To let it go. I know this sounds super cheesey, but it was really emotional for me and almost spiritual in a way. I know, I sound like a crunchy tree-hugging hippie, right? hehe.

Well, I just might have found a new hobby.

namaste.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing.
    And before I got to where you said it was spiritual and emotional that is exactly the feeling I was getting.
    I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. I'm pretty sure the only part of that workout I could do is the laying flat on my back breathing part!

    ReplyDelete