Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 months old!

I'm a day late, but happy 2 months to my sweet baby girls! And WHAT a 2 months it's been. People always say "they grow so fast" and now I know exactly what they mean. In just two months we went from this:


to this:


(Emma on the left in the 1st pic, on the right in the 2nd pic)

Where did my babies go??? Ok, they're still babies but look how different they look already! Nuts. I seriously can't wait to see what they'll look & act like one year from now. I'm sure I'll be looking back at these pics from their first couple months of life, wishing I could turn back the clock.






Emma & Harlow,
You're two months old now, and your little personalities are becoming more distinct every single day. You're both offering up lots of coos & smiles.. and let's not forget the man farts & burps. You give your Daddy a run for his money in those categories!

You both have clearly developed a smell for good food because the instant Daddy & I sit down to eat dinner, at least one of you will pop open your eyes and demand to be fed. I think we have a couple of future foodies on our hands! That's o.k. though.. I would give up every bite of food for you girls. Mommy is getting cheesy now!

At two months old we can get a 6 hour stretch of sleep from you at night. You each have your occasional meltdowns, but overall neither of you are super fussy. Yay for good babies!!

You're starting to get out of the house a lot more, and people loooove to stop and stare at you. Apparently you're pretty fascinating, and cute to boot. So far you've been to the farmers markets, Balboa Park, and multiple restaurants. You've even gone to your first car show!

I can't wait until you guys can interact with each other. Daddy & I like to sit you down next to each other & hold you face to face, but so far you don't acknowledge each other. I don't blame you though.. after being squished so close together in my belly for so long it's no wonder you're sick of each other! That's ok.. in the next few weeks (hopefully!) you'll start enjoying each other's company again. And some day I hope you'll be best friends!

Even though you're twins you each have your own quirks and personalities, so I'll be sure to write a letter to each of you individually. You're twins, but we hope that (if you're reading this!) you'd agree that Daddy & I always worked to allow you to be an individual.

Happy 2 months, sweet girls. Mommy & Daddy love you!

3 comments:

  1. They're beautiful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so sweet, Lolo! It really is unbelievable how fast they grow up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete