Thursday, December 17, 2009

Glass 1/2 Full

This is going to be my new attitude for 2010. Dan is always telling me I'm a pessimist, and I always deny it by saying "NO, I'm a realist!". Well, I've come to the realization that he's right, and I'm wrong (doesn't happen often). I often think of the glass 1/2 empty, instead of 1/2 full.. dwelling on the negative, instead of the positive. I've been a Debbie downer long enough & it's time to make some changes!

I started cycle 15 yesterday, and of course I felt sad.. but I didn't cry. That's a big step for me. Our next step is IUI (intrauterine insemination), but we've decided to focus on getting healthier (read:lose weight) before giving that a shot. I want to make sure if we're going to do something that's costing us $1500 each time, that we're as prepared for it as possible. So, the plan is to try IUI in March. We'll continue trying on our own, but I'm not charting and I'll use my cheapie OPKs until they run out.

Dan & I have also been discussing foster/adoption, and it's something we're both excited to learn more about. We've always said we would consider adoption, even if we were able to have our own biological children, so we figure why wait? Adoption is too expensive, but if we can adopt through the foster care system, it would be way more affordable! We're both so excited, but we want to get all of the information we can on it, before making a final decision. So, we're attending our first Foster Licensing Orientation THIS Saturday!! I'm SO excited, and can't wait to get some questions answered. Much more on this subject to come..

Oh, and as for the list - I've been neglecting it due to the holidays. I did send Christmas cards out though, so I guess that's better than nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm excited for you! :) Try to email me back today instead of Monday, haha, but you'll still have to let me know next week how the orientation goes!

    And that glass is cool - where do you get those?

    ReplyDelete