Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Survived..

A pretty craptastic year, that is. 2009 did not treat me kindly, so I have nothing but high hopes for 2010. It HAS to be better than this past year. Not to be a complete Negative Nancy, because 2009 did have its highlights. Here are a few things I can look back on and smile..

* Seeing my sister get married, and spending a great weekend with her and the rest of my family in Portland, Oregon.

* Dan and I celebrating our 3 year anniversary in Palm Springs.

* Spending 4th of July at my in-laws house up in Northern California.. wine tasting in Sonoma, and kayaking down the Russian River were definite highlights from that trip.

* And then of course the little things.. drinking wine & catching up with best friends, taking our dogs for long walks, and enjoying another year in a house we love - within a city we love.

I guess I can't complain too much. I will say though that I have much higher hopes for big events to occur in 2010. I'm not making any official resolutions, but I'd like to work on some things I have control over. #1 being losing some weight by March, so we have a better chance at IUI working. #2 would be working on our finances.. reducing debt, increasing savings.

Now for some other things I look forward to in the upcoming year:

* Adoption Orientation in January

* IUI in Feb or March!

* FINALLY a raise in March.. and hopefully a promotion to go along with it

* My first Niece being born in March & a Nephew being born in April

* A weekend trip to Santa Cruz for my cousin's wedding (we're so going to the boardwalk and riding the merry-go-round)

* Last, but not least, turning 30 & hopefully taking a trip to an all inclusive resort in Mexico, to celebrate!

Happy New Year and Cheers to a healthy, happy, prosperous 2010!!!

1 comment:

  1. I did a Mexican all-inclusive for my thirtieth! It was a blast! I hope 2010 is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete