Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tamale Time!

So, guess what this white girl did last night? I made tamales!!! It was on my list & a friend of mine makes them every year with all the women in her family. So, I was the honorary guest last night. :) I had so much fun (if you can believe it) learning how to spread the masa on the corn husks, and then filling them with either shredded pork or chicken & folding them up. I did a pretty good job and they invited me back next year, which is always a good sign. haha. The best part of all, I have a couple dozen tamales at home waiting to be steamed and gobbled up. yay!





P.S. I cheated.. this pic isn't the actual tamales I made, but it's pretty close - minus the cute bow. Who has time for that???


Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with your families!!

No comments:

Post a Comment