Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat

This is how I feel today. In the amount of time we've been trying to get pregnant I've put on as much weight as I probably would have if I were 9 months pregnant. It's ridiculous. I weighed myself this morning & I was shocked to find that I've put on 7 lbs since I last weighed myself, just a couple months ago! This is NOT normal for me. I know I need to exercise more and I could stand to eat more veggies and less crap, but seriously - 7 lbs???? Not.Cool.

I've ballooned. So much that I can't even wear my engagement and wedding rings at the same time. So, on my extra bloaty days I wear just my engagement ring, or none at all. My bras are too small, and sometimes I feel like the fat guy in a little coat when I put my suit jackets on. It's embarrassing to even admit all of this, but I have to face the facts & deal with them.

I googled follistim and weight gain and it seems like there's a lot of women out there who have gained lots of weight quickly after using follistim injections. Alright, so that might be the cause of some of the weight gain. I won't use it as a cop-out, but I have to believe that has something to do with the quick gain. Right? Right??

Either way, enough is enough. I'm fed up waking up thinking of my weight, and going to bed thinking about my weight. It's not healthy & it's not how I want to live my life. So, today is the first day of a new lifestyle for me. I probably start the follistim injections again next week so I have to at least work out and eat healthy so that I can at least maintain & not gain even more.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously I am there with you. Next week will start a new week for me. I wish I could start sooner but I am so effing busy. You CAN do it Lo and you WILL! I will help in anyway I can. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks love :) Let's do this together!!!

    ReplyDelete