Friday, April 16, 2010

Poked, Prodded, Pricked & Drilled

This is the best way I can describe my day, and well, actually my week. Today I had another u/s this morning and b/w followed by a 3 hour dentist appointment to get some cavities filled. Joy. Oh, and since my sinuses were acting up during the dentist visit, the left side of my mouth would NOT go numb and I could feel everything. So, the dentist decided to have me come back in one week to finish up on that side.

I started my nightly follistim injections this week too, and per my RE's phone call, here's what I'll be doing this weekend:

tonight: 100 iu follistim
Saturday: injection of ganirelix in the a.m., injection of HCG & an injection of follistim in the p.m.
Sunday: repeat above
Monday morning: injection of ganirelix, u/s & b/w at 8:00 to check my follies

I'm literally a walking pin cushion. Whatever it takes I guess!

He took a guess that the IUI will be next Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Now Dan and I have to decide if we want to do two IUI's (two days in a row), or just one. Obviously if it were all covered by insurance there would be no question, but it's around $450 for each IUI. So, Dan and I will discuss the pros & cons and make that decision next week.

In happier news, I'm an Auntie again!!!!! My sister had her ADORABLE baby boy, Severin, yesterday. I might be biased, but I really do think he's one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. Can't wait to meet him in person when I visit them in Oklahoma next month!

Alright, I'm drowzy and drained so I'm signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment