Friday, April 9, 2010

Truce!

My body & I are on speaking terms again. This morning was the start of cycle 19, which also means the official start of our very first IUI cycle (and hopefully the last)!!!!!!!! And get this, our break cycle was a TWENTY-FIVE day cycle. I had to put 25 in caps because it's never ever happened before. It's my record for shortest cycle ever. Clearly my body got the message from my brain telling it to cooperate and get the break cycle over with as quickly as possible!

So, I have an appointment Monday morning for bloodwork and my cycle day 3 ultrasound. I believe they'll be drawing blood to make sure I'm now immuned to rubella and I think he has to make sure the vaccination is out of my system. Fingers crossed!

We'll most likely also be starting the Follistim injections on Monday (yay, more weight gain!), and if all goes well the IUI will be about two weeks from then. My test date will most likely be right before Mother's Day weekend. Gah. It feels like it's taken a long time to get to this point, but I'm beyond thrilled to finally get this show on the road.

Oh, and I will be rewarding my cooperating body handsomely tonight. With wine of course. :)



Ok, I really don't think of my body as green & warty, but good enough.

3 comments: