Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Update!

My follow-up u/s was this morning, to find out if we could go forward with the IUI, or have to scrap this cycle.

I was super nervous going into the u/s and of course I got the u/s tech that doesn't measure the follies while I'm laying there. I did get a glimpse of the screen and there appeared to be a LOT of follies. It was definitely a crowded situation. Afterwards, I got to the waiting room and told Dan it didn't look good, and I mentally prepared myself for some sucky news.

Well, a few minutes later we were in the RE's office getting some fantastic news! The ganirelix apparently did it's job and most of the follies were smaller than they were on Monday! I have 3 lead follies, and he's confident those 3 will release an egg. Yippeeee!

So, I got the trigger shot while I was there and the IUI is tomorrow morning! Originally we planned on trying back to back IUIs this cycle, but my RE thinks it's not necessary since I'm SO ready to go. Our timing should be perfect! I am beyond thrilled that we don't have to scrap this cycle, and while I know this doesn't mean it will absolutely work, at least we have a chance!

And yes, this post needs as many exclamation points as possible because I'm just that damn excited!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome news!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Yay Lolo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm extremely happy! :) I know it's my turn to write, but try to give me an update tomorrow about how the IUI goes! :) I will be thinking of you! (this is Brooke - I'm anonymous because I can't log in on my iPhone! Grrr!)

    ReplyDelete