Wednesday, March 23, 2011

28 weeks!

We made it!! A week ago I was so nervous that we wouldn't make it to this important milestone, and here we are. Yippeee!

The cervix check on Monday went well. Last week it was measuring 1.9-2.2, Monday it was measuring 1.8-2.0. So, it's considered stable at this point. woot! I was told afterwards that I should be here in the hospital for a few more days, just to get past the 28 week mark.. not so much. My doctor wants me here until NEXT week. boo. I don't know exactly what day yet, but I'm assuming she wants me here until the end of 28 weeks - so maybe next Wednesday or Thursday? Who knows.

I was so depressed when I heard that it would be another week. Of course I'm THRILLED that these babies are still cooking, and I'm more than willing to do whatever it takes to keep it that way, but this is getting old. It's bad enough sitting in a hospital bed all day and night, but I miss the comfort of my own bed, in my house, and of course I'm missing my dogs like crazy. ugh.

I'll survive though.. one day at a time, right?

On the bright side, they took the iv out today. Yay! After switching it from my left to right arm, then blowing 2 veins when they tried switching it again, and then having to have it in the top of my hand.. I was SO over that iv.

They also let Dan take me outside in the wheelchair yesterday. It was sooo nice breathing in my some fresh air. We take advantage of that stuff, yo! When I got back to the room I had a run of contractions every few minutes for an hour. I don't know if it was even related to my little outing, but it scared me enough that I probably won't be doing that again while I'm here.

No bump photo today.. I look like a hot mess right now. Instead, here are two 3d pics we got of the girls on Monday. I have many more from last week, so I'll probably post some more another day. Such a proud momma.. already showing off my babies. :)

Emma (baby A):


Harlow (baby B):

Aren't they adorable?? I might be biased. :)

2 comments:

  1. They're cutie-pies for sure! Sorry you have to stay in the hospital, but like you said, it's all to keep those precious buns in the oven. Congrats on making it to 28 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, they are beautiful!!! I can't stop staring at their pictures, hehe. :) Post more!! :)

    ReplyDelete