Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nursery Progress

I finally took some pictures of the nursery! Or at least the start of the nursery. You'll notice there's nothing on the walls, but that will hopefully change in the next week or so.

On a quick side note, the cervix check went good. My cervix went from a 3.1 to 3.0, so no drastic drop, and it's still closed. Yay! My OB's nurse will call me today with the game plan, but I'm assuming she'll still want me on modified bed rest.. we'll see.

Alright, on to the nursery!

Here's the view from the bedroom door:
The cribs:
The glider, dollhouse & chandelier:

Glider & dresser (& Bootsie's new hiding spot):

Dresser (& one of the holes on the wall that still need to be patched):
The other wall where the closet is:

Bedding for crib#1 (minus pink breathable bumpers I'll register for). The sheet has trees & owls, the crib skirt has a horizontal green stripe and vertical pink stripes.  
Crib #2 (trees, birds & owls)

& lastly, a close-up of the chandelier:


Ok, so the first thing I need to figure out is the location of the dollhouse. In the picture it's in between the crib & glider, but I need to put a small table next to the glider. I want to put the dollhouse in that empty space between the door and the closet, but Dan doesn't like it there. Ugh.

My late Grandpa Tom built that dollhouse for me when I was a little girl, so it holds a special place in my heart. When I found out we were having 2 girls I just knew I wanted to put it in their room. The whole front part of the dollhouse actually opens up, and the "rooms" are like shelves, so I thought it would be neat to use it as their bookshelf. So, that's the plan!

Above the cribs I was thinking of putting up wood letters for each of the girls first name. So, if these girls do end up being Emma and Harlow, they'll have an E and an H above their cribs. Connecting the 2 letters I'd like to get some pretty ribbon and I bought these alphabet cards off etsy to hang:
I bought this shelf to go on the wall in between the door and the closet:

I'm looking for a mirror to go above the dresser, and to the left of the dresser I'm going to hang this print:


..along with a couple of pictures. I'm thinking a maternity photo to the left of it and a newborn pic of the girls to the right. I'll probably hang the pics using the same ribbon I use to hang the alphabet cards, attached to antique door knobs that I'll hang from the wall.

So, that's what I've got so far! I need to find curtains, and I'd like to put a throw pillow on the glider. Other than that I'm SO open to taking any one's suggestions!

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I absolutely LOVE what you've done with their. It looks like something out of a magazine! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! Can you email me an invite to your new blog? laurenk551@yahoo.com

    Oh, and THANKS for the compliment, sweets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, looking real good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it... Real clean and crisp looking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh everything looks sooo pretty! I love the chandelier! :) Good job, Lolo!!

    ReplyDelete