Saturday, March 19, 2011

Coming to you from L&D

sigh. Where to start? Well, first off I should mention that the babies are still cookin' away in my belleh. Here's what's been happening the past week..

Last Sunday I had horrible (ligament?) pain in my pelvic area. It lasted all day long and it was so bad I could barely walk from my bed to the bathroom.

Monday morning I woke up and it was much, much better. I had my 2nd glucose test that a.m. so I decided I would at least mention the pain to my OB's nurse. After puking up the drink for the glucose test (boo) I had to go back and talk to my OB. She decided to send me for an ultrasound to check the length of my cervix. After finding out it was measuring 2.6, she sent me off to the hospital.

The rest of the day was a whirlwind.. another ultrasound that measured my cervix a 2.2-2.6, being hooked up to monitors for the BH contractions that were coming every couple of minutes, monitors for the babies heart rates, multiple blood draws, a steroid shot in my ass, an iv for magnesium to slow down the contractions. Side note, magnesium SUCKS.

I had another u/s on Tuesday that showed my cervix was 1.9-2.2, and was starting to funnel. Queue another steroid shot, more blood draws, and oral meds to slow contractions.

It was decided I would need to stay here until at least next Wednesday, when I hit the all important 28 week mark. I have another cervix check on Monday, and based off that my OB may keep me another week. Then, fingers crossed, I'll get to go home on strict bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.. and hopefully these baby girls can maintain their excitement to meet the world for at least a few more weeks.

Mentally, I was surprisingly doing pretty good all week and then this morning I let myself have a little breakdown. Mostly because I'm scared about what's going to happen if the babies come too soon.. partly feeling sorry for myself for sitting in the same room, in the same spot, eating crappy food, all week long. I'll survive though, and of course I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep the girls on the inside for as long as possible.

For now things are stable. I'll update again after Monday's cervix check. In the meantime, please keep Emma and Harlow in your thoughts.

p.s Can someone sneak me a burger and fries, please?

6 comments:

  1. Aww, you used their names in your blog! *tear* It feels so official now.

    ::hugs:: I am so glad you all are doing better!! And it's okay to let yourself have a little breakdown, and to be depressed about sitting in a hospital room all week! I'm so sorry your pregnancy isn't as easy as it should be, but those little girls (Emma and Harlow! squeee!) sure do/will make it all worth it. :)

    Hang in there, Lolin. And give the ladies a rub on the belly from Aunt Brooke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, lolo! Ts and Ps for you and your sweet girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my way with a burger! Be there in.... what, like 12 hours? :)

    Hang in there. You are doing an amazing job for those sweet girls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sendings tons of good thoughts to you and your girls. Wish I could come visit and sneak in that burger & fries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lolo I'm sorry! I'm sending lots of prayers to you and the girls. Be strong and hang in there Mama! Keep us udpated on how your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of you and the girls! I hope things looked good yesterday - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete