Monday, March 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to be typing this right now from the comfort of my own bed, in my house. And of course what got me here makes me even happier.. a stable cervix! This morning it measured 1.9-2.5, so they sent me on my way.Woot!

Dan is already showing me what I already knew.. he's an amazing husband, and an amazing Daddy, since he knows this is all for the health of his girls. He went grocery shopping to pick up all the diabetic friendly food I'll need, picked up my meds at the pharmacy, I had clean sheets to crawl into when I got home, he did a load of laundry so I could have clean jammies to wear, and made me a dinner that put the hospital food to shame. Like I said, amazing. Who knows, it's only day 1 at home.. he may want to strangle me by next week. Stay tuned. :)

And being home means my baby shower at my house this Sunday is still on! I may have to enjoy it from the comfort of a recliner, but that's o.k. I can't wear the cute blue dress I bought for it (unless I want to flash my guests), but I have a friend doing some shopping for me. And some wonderful friends chipped in and got me a gift certificate to a mobile spa. So, I'm going to have someone come to my house this week to give me a mani/pedi! How cool is that?

Of course I'm not being completely naive. I have another cervix check back at the hospital next week and if things change with my cervix, I'll get admitted again. That's o.k. though.. I'm living in the present, and I'm presently happy to be sitting in my comfy bed, husband & dogs at my side.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome...enjoy that mani/pedi and shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad to hear you are home and that the girls are still in the oven cooking like champs :) Thinking of you Lolo!

    ReplyDelete