Friday, August 6, 2010

Foodie Friday!

I decided since I randomly like to throw in a post all about food or drink, I'd make it official. So, every Friday I'm going to post about my week in food.

Because you know, I love food. And really who doesn't?

Nothing says Summer like bubblegum ice cream.. and it just happens to be Baskin Robbins' flavor of the month!
There's one issue that I had with this ice cream. That's literally pieces of bubblegum in the ice cream. Yes, I realize that's the point.. but what the hell do you do with the gum as you're eating the ice cream? You really have 3 choices:

1) Designate a spot in the faaar back corner of your mouth to store each glob of gum until you're done with the ice cream
2) Take the gum out of your mouth & stick it on something until you're done with the ice cream
3) Swallow the gum

I went with option #3. I know, I know.. I'm clogging up my intestines. Didn't someone discover that whole thing was a myth? Or a lie that Mothers told their kids so they wouldn't choke on their gum? Hope so.

My co-worker went with option #1. Until that got out of hand and then she resorted to #3. Seriously, ice cream should NOT be this much work. And what did we do when we were kids? I want to say I probably spit the gum out as I ate the ice cream, and then put all the spit covered gum back in my mouth when I was done. Ew.

Now that I've completely ruined your appetite and any sort of craving you might have had when you saw that delicious looking ice cream, here's one of my favorite recipes for salmon. It's suuuper easy, and suuuuuper yummy. I stole the pic from allrecipes.com, which is where I got the recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (Dan's not a fan, so I exclude these)
4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, for garnish

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
Brush each salmon fillet lightly with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the bread crumb mixture.
Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven (I put mine on a foil lined baking sheet), or until it flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with a wedge of lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment