Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm crazy.. but you probably already knew that

Why am I crazy, you ask? Because I'm currently painting and putting up wainscoting in the future nursery. This is how it all went down..

We got a leak in the guest bathroom that's attached to the guest bedroom (aka, future nursery). The guest bedroom flooded. We ripped up the carpet and decided that now is a good time to go ahead and get new carpet in all 3 bedrooms. It was something we wanted to do before making that room into a nursery. This just sped things up a bit.

Then we thought.. well, if we're going to take out all the furniture and rip up all of the carpet, we might as well paint! So, that's how it all went down.

Lucky for me I've always thought I would want a light blue nursery regardless of whether we have a boy or a girl. And I think the wainscoting will make it very pottery barn-esque. I want a simple, no theme, nursery. And since we're getting all this work done now, we'll only have to worry about furniture and decor. Now we just need to take care of the getting pregnant so we can actually use it as a nursery issue. Small detail, no?

So, here's the before pics of the room. Like how I painted "I heart Dan" on the wall and Dan painted "Lolo is slow"? He's referring to my ceiling painting skills.. or lack thereof. Jerk.



And here's our progress so far:



We got the painting done and next up is the wainscoting on the bottom, and the crown molding around the top. We're also painting our bedroom, the guest room, putting the crown molding in all 3 rooms, and installing new doors. We have about 8 days to finish, before the carpet is installed. Phew.

Good thing for us I have day labors my parents coming to stay with us this weekend. Now where's the HGTV or DIY network peeps when you need them?

No comments:

Post a Comment