Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Hello blog readers! You'd think I would be in a horrible mood today, given the runny nose, and the horrific cramps. But I'm not! I'm happy happy happy because I started my period this morning, with no help from any meds!

And since my body decided to finally cooperate, we'll hopefully fit in an IUI before my RE goes on vacation. Yippeeeee!!! You see, when I talked to my RE about getting something to kick start my period, he said he was worried he wouldn't be around to do the IUI, and so the plan was to get me on b.c pills, to delay everything.

It wasn't the end of the world, but I was bummed. And now I don't have to worry about that! IF I have to do the IUI any later than September 2nd, another RE will do the procedure. I don't love that idea, since I'm super comfortable with my RE and he's incredibly gentle and sympathetic, but again.. it's not the end of the world. I'm glad that he'll at least be around for the 2 weeks leading up to the IUI.

So, today I am thankful for my PERIOD. That's a weird thing for someone trying to get pregnant to be thankful for, but I'm just happy to have a fresh start. I'm looking forward to our final IUI and I'm going to try to remain optimistic.

I'm also very thankful today for my best friend who's going to be visiting me this weekend. I CAN'T wait. I'm in some serious need for some girl time. And as an extra added bonus, she rocks at the follistim injections, since she's in nursing school. Dan will be happy to take a break for a couple nights & who knows.. maybe she can teach him something! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay AF showed! I'm so glad Lolo! And so excited for you that your able to do an IUI this cycle after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL on this new cycle! Have a wonderful time with your BF!

    ReplyDelete