Friday, August 13, 2010

Foodie Friday!

Time for my 2nd installment of Foodie Friday! Unfortunately I've been eating like CRAP this week, since we're doing the renovations on our house & neither of us want to cook. I  kinda doubt anyone wants or needs a review on KFC, MrChick (yumm-o roasted chicken), or the taco shop down the street.

So, instead I'm going to post about the BEST salad dressing EVER. I promise you'll be hooked. It's super simple and such a healthier alternative to bottled dressings.

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who's a total foodie & happens to be a pretty amazing cook. I can thank her for Dan's skills in the kitchen! Thank you thank you thank you, Carol.

Chez Panisse Salad

Ingredients:
Field Greens (you can really use any kind of lettuce, but this tastes the best with some simple field greens.. also, it's best with just the greens & dressing. No add-ons like tomatoes, onions, etc. Of course you can do what you please!)
1 clove of garlic, chopped (I run mine through the garlic press)
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of champagne vinegar (the better the champagne vinegar, the better the dressing.. I pop for the fancy looking $10 bottle. Since it's just Dan and I, I cut the recipe in 1/2 so I'm only using 1 tablespoon of the vinegar each time I make this) 
6 tablespoons of olive oil

Directions:
In a small bowl add your garlic and salt.
Mash the salt & garlic together until it forms a smooth/paste-like consistency  (the back of a spoon works fine. If it's not getting smooth, add more garlic)
Add your champagne vinegar.
Let it sit for 10 minutes.
Whisk in the olive oil & continue whisking until everything is blended.
Add to your greens! (this salad tastes best when you just coat the greens with the dressing. It's over-powering if you pour on too much dressing)

If you have left over dressing, strain it as you're putting it in your tupperware. Otherwise you'll be eating a SUPER garlic-y dressing the next time you use it.

This is such an easy dressing to make and soooo tastey. I promise you'll be making it over & over again.

Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment