Monday, January 4, 2010

From pizza to salmon

I weighed myself for the first time in a long time, this morning. OMG. Saying I was disappointed would be an understatement. I wasn't upset with the first number (one) or the last number (also one), it was the number in the middle that terrified me. I can't even say it out loud, or type it. Eek.

I've watched the scale slowly work its way up over the past 5 years or so. I was a vegetarian and in great shape when I met Dan.. then he converted me back to eating meat. We loved cooking yummy food together and drinking lots of wine, and we've continued that trend to date. Then we got married, and I got lazy. My visits to the gym were dwindling, and my waist was growing. In October, 2008, we took a two week trip to Europe which added on some lbs, and then we started ttc. Some how my focus turned solely to getting pregnant, and not on eating healthy and working out. I also got really good at making excuses for why I couldn't go to the gym that particular day.. I had a long day at work, I might be pregnant, the parking at the gym sucks, I'll just go home and take the dogs for a walk. I could go on & one with my lame-o excuses.
Well, today is a new day, and 2010 is my year to get healthy. Today I had a fruit smoothie (made with frozen fruit and low-fat milk), two hard boiled eggs, and two pieces of turkey bacon for breakfast. For lunch I'm having tuna on wheat crackers, carrots, and apple slices. For dinner tonight I'm having broiled salmon (recipe to follow), whole wheat couscous, and steamed broccoli.
And me and the gym have a date today, RIGHT after work so I'm not tempted to sit my butt in front of the t.v. when I get home. I won't stop drinking my red wine, but every night I'll have the choice - glass of wine or skinny cow ice cream. Depriving myself will not be the way to get me healthy again!
Oh, and to keep me motivated I'll be taping a piece of paper up to the wall of my bathroom, to make note of my weight every Monday. This was actually Dan's idea, and he'll be doing it with me. Goodbye 2009, pizza, and fat lolo.. hello 2010, fish, and in-shape lolo.
Goodluck to everyone out there trying to get healthier in 2010!

1 comment:

  1. I know you can do it! Stepping on the scale is always what gets my butt in gear. I know you can do this :)

    ReplyDelete