Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tea & Crumpets Anyone?

Growing up I spent a lot of my Summer's at my Grandpa Tom's house. We would BBQ, play in our tree house that he built for my Sister and I, and play croquet. I know it probably seems like a weird thing for kids to enjoy, but my Sister & I LOVED it.

For anyone who isn't familiar with the game, basically the object is to hit your ball around the grass with your mallet, through hoops that you've set up around the lawn. If your ball goes past a hoop, instead of through it, you have to hit it back the way it came from and try again. The winner is the first person to get their ball through all of the hoops. Sounds thrilling, right?

We did this while snacking on tea & crumpets, and wearing our Sunday best. I kid, I kid. Most of the time croquet would follow or precede BBQ chicken, salad, and corn on the cob. I'm sure the adults were drinking beer.

As part of my list I wanted to buy myself a croquet set so I can some day carry on the same tradition with my family. Well, my sister sent me the best Christmas gift - my croquet set!!!!! I can't wait to set it up and show Dan what's up. And I really can't wait until we have our own family BBQ's filled with food, beer and of course croquet.
THANK YOU BROOKE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're welcome!! I'm so glad you love it! :) Does it work okay on the fake grass??

    ReplyDelete