Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Fun Has Begun!

Monday was my bloodwork, ultrasound and the pick up of my brown bag o'fun. My ultrasound showed a bunch of follies already starting off, so my doc decided to start me off on a lower dosage of follistim (75 iu). Lower dosage = cheaper cycle. Woot! Our total for the follistim, ovidrel shot, and progesterone suppository was $455.55. Not too shabby, and my wonderful parents decided to help us by paying for the meds. yay!



Anywho, Monday night was the first of a possible ten nightly injections. Standing with the follistim injection pen in my hand I completely freaked out, froze up, and had to have Dan give me the injection. So far I've done three nights of injections and I've got a few needle marks and one little bruise on my tummy to show for it. I included a pic of the actual follistim injection pen and needle, so you can see how big it is. It might not look like a big needle to you, but it's huuuuge to me. I'm a big cry-baby. :)

So, here's the whole plan:
Thursday night - follistim injection
Friday morning - bloodwork, ultrasound
Most likely after Friday's ultrasound we'll continue with nightly injections
Monday morning - bloodwork, ultrasound
Wednesday morning - possible bloodwork, ultrasound
At some point next week we'll be close to ovulating, at which point Dan will give me the ovidrel shot, and then the baby making begins!
Once I ovulate I'll start the progesterone suppositories (vaginally..yuck), and I'm pretty sure I caught the doc telling me I'd have to continue that 10 weeks into (possible) pregnancy. yuck-o.

Basically, Dan is my proclaimed Man Nurse for the next couple weeks, and I'm his pin cushion. I better be nice to him.

4 comments:

  1. Hey- I'm a lurker, and I just wanted to wish you good luck!!

    Katie
    http://rieffenberger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, babe! I know it seems like torture now, but just wait till you're holding your little in your arms. You won't even remember what you went through to get him/her into this world. You and Dan will be fantastic parents one day, and I'm going to be here for you across the country to support you all the way.

    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete