Monday, January 11, 2010

W.T.F.

That's what I said when I stepped on the scale this morning. Except I really said "What the f___!" Guess how much weight I lost this week.. ZERO. NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. Not one pound. Not even half a pound. Now guess how much weight Dan lost.. five whole freakin' pounds.

Here's a run down on what each of us did the past week:

Me: Worked out 4 times last week (not walking but actually sweating my ass off for 45 minutes on the elliptical, burning 500-600 calories each time)
Had rabbit food all week for lunch - veggies, hummus, healthy sandwiches and healthy choice soup
Had healthier dinners and cut my portions
Chose between a glass of wine or a skinny cow ice cream during the weekdays

Dan: Took the dogs for a few leisurely walks
Had BLTs and chili dogs for lunch
Had the same dinners as I did, but the same portions he always eats
Drank less beers than he normally drinks during the week

So, how the hell does no working out, BLTs and chili dogs result in 5 lbs lost??? It's the beer.. I know it, and I told Dan that's all he'd have to do to lose the weight. NOT FAIR. I'm happy for him. I promise I am. It's just annoying that I worked my ass off last week and had nothing to show for it.

I know it's only been a week though so I'm not giving up and gorging myself with a large pizza and bottle of wine tonight. I have the same plan for this week, except I'm going to be better on the weekends. We won't be out of town, so it should be easier to watch what I eat and drink.

This week's plan - Drink more water, workout fives times (including one strength training session), and continue the healthy eating into the weekend. Oh, and the cramps started this morning.. cycle 16 is right around the corner. Maybe because I'm bloat-y that has something to do with the no weight loss this week? Hm.. I'm going to just go with that. :)

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up lady. If you were out of town all weekend, and the weekends are rough at times, I suggest changing our weigh in day. I really enjoy Wednesdays because if I am not so good on the weekend, it usually normalizes and balances out by weigh in day. Good luck!! I know you'll stay with it. Maybe do some measurements so if you don't see the scale changing, you know your body is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both good ideas Lyse - thanks!! I think I will change my weigh in date to Wednesdays.. seeing some sort of improvement will keep me motivated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason it's easier for guys to lose weight that for women so don't beat yourself up b/c you will get there! ;)

    Thanks for your nice words. HAving all of your support has helped.

    ReplyDelete