Monday, October 18, 2010

6 Weeks

I'm officially at the 6 week mark today. Woot!! It's starting to sink in a bit more, but I don't think I'll fully accept it until we hear or see that heartbeat on Wednesday. I can't wait!

Still no crazy symptoms to speak of. Saturday I woke up at 4:00 a.m. feeling really nauseous, but other than that, some stomach "issues" and some acid reflux, I'm feelin' good. I think that's why it's hard for me to accept that I'm pregnant!

I got my last beta results this past Friday. Remember, one week prior to that I had a beta of 586. So, I did the math and figured I'd be really happy with anything around 7,000.

Actual beta... 13,373!!!!!

To quote my RE, "I don't think you're octo-mom, but there's a chance there's more than one in there". EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

I mean, I can't be too shocked to find out we have twins. I had 3-4 follies at the time of our IUI, so we knew going in to it that it could happen. I guess you just don't think it will actually happen after two years of failing to conceive ONE baby. There's no guarantee of course until this Wednesday's ultrasound. I might just have one super strong baby in there. I would be THRILLED.

Don't get me wrong. If we had twins, I'd feel equally happy & blessed... but I'm not gonna lie, I'd be scared. Nervous about their health, my health, and of course how we would afford two of everything.. double the stuff, no biggie, but double the daycare? Yowzers. Dan just tells me we'll figure it out one way or another, so I'm trusting in that. I'm not letting myself get worked up over something that's not a reality yet, so I'm still assuming there's one bean in me and we'll get some conclusive results on Wednesday!

In other, non-related, news.. the Chargers are KILLING me this year. First we lost to the Raiders, and then the Rams yesterday?? I totally feel like the kid in this video. If you're a football fan you'll appreciate this kids passion for the game.

This was after the Chargers lost to the Raiders last week..
click here

5 comments:

  1. :) :) :) Can't wait to hear an update after your appt.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Awesome-tastic beta #!!! Ooo maybe you are having twins? So exciting! Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes on Wed.

    And I know! WTF chargers? I love that video of that kid, poor guy, I know exactly how he feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your next appointment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear about your u/s and see if there's 1 or 2 in there!! I'm going to hope there's just one really healthy baby in there since you're nervous about 2, but if there's more than 1, I called it at your 2nd beta;)

    ReplyDelete