Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for carpet. I know, I know.. I need to get over the damn carpet. But I LOVE it. I saw it in person yesterday when I got home from work and it's the exact color & texture that I had hoped for.

When I was growing up one of my favorite things to do was to look through model homes with my Mom & Sister. I was a weird kid..what can I say? We were one of the first neighborhoods built in our area, so as new neighborhoods were being built, we would drive around town visiting all of them. My parents were never interested in buying a new house, we just liked to pretend. My Sister and I would even argue over who would get which bedroom. We're a little crazy..I know this. My Mom and I continued doing this even after I had moved out of the house. When I would visit, we would go to a new neighborhood and walk through the model homes.. telling the realtors "we're just looking". They probably hated us. Tee-hee.

I promise there's a point to this story.. the SMELL of these brand new homes. Ahhh, the smell. It smelled clean, it smelled like paint, and they all just had this same distinct, wonderful smell. Yet, here I am, in my first home, built in the early 1960's. It soooo did not have that smell. BUT dear readers.. I'm here to tell you that great smell you get from a model home, is actually from the new CARPET. I HAVE THE SMELL.. in my old house.

Just like the new car smell, my new carpet smell will fade away ::tear:: .. but for now I'm going to enjoy it. If you actually read this whole post about my love for the smell of a model home.. you get this:
Oooo... fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Another great smell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment