Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Hello readers! Last nights phone call with the in-laws went better than expected. All four of us.. me, Dan, my MIL and FIL, got on speaker phone to talk about what's up next for us.

We told them that we're undergoing our last IUI and that if it doesn't work we're doing IVF.. with the money due just a few days after finding out if the IUI worked, or not. I told them a little more about IVF.. the actual procedure, the success rate (& how that compares to an IUI) and how highly everyone speaks about the clinic we'll be going to.

Of course we talked costs, and without hesitation his parents said to not worry about it.. they'll take care of it for us. I already knew how awesome his parents were, but to hear his Dad tell us not to worry about the money.. that we already have enough to focus on.. it was just so comforting.

So, today I'm feeling particularly thankful to have such amazing, generous in-laws.

I'm going to use today's post to tell you a little more about my in-laws.. if you care to know. :)

First off, my FIL, Doug. He's been a policeman, the head of a swat team, and eventually retired as police captain of Richmond, California. Richmond is no joke.. it's listed as America's 12th most dangerous cities. So, needless to say he's got stories. He's seen everything. Horrible things that make his eyes well up with tears when he's telling us the story, and things that make us all cry with laughter.

Doug has always been a great mentor for me and my career. Managing people can be tough, but Doug always had the best advice for me. He's always encouraged me to demand the things I deserve in my career, while still maintaining composure and dignity.

My MIL, Carol, is your typical Mom.. and I mean that in the best way! She's an amazing cook, and she knows all the little housekeeping tips & tricks. I don't want to paint her out to be Suzy Homemaker though because she is way more than that. She's a great golfer, she's great with finances, and she's incredibly smart.

Carol is generous and sensitive.. and loves her family like crazy. I kept the card she gave me at my wedding shower because she said she couldn't wait to have me as her daughter, since she already considers me a friend. It totally made me cry. And it's true! I consider Carol my friend.. someone I can go shopping with and gab to, share recipes and of course our favorite thing to do.. drink wine. :)

I will forever be thankful for their love, support, and generosity.

3 comments:

  1. What amazing Inlaws you have! Such an amazing blessing and I'm so glad that the finances of IVF are the least of your stresses now!

    I am praying like crazy that this IUI works and you don't even need to move on to IVF friend ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AMAZING that they're helping you guys out like that. i'm hoping you won't even need to do the IVF though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you have great in-laws. :(

    I'm crazy happy for you that they're covering the costs of IVF! Hopefully this last IUI will work, but it must be SUCH a relief knowing you don't have to stress about the cost of IVF anymore. :) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete